My first resin cast from the silicone mould. The pictures are awful but I will post new ones once I return to my parents where I used there green house to experiment with resin. This custom orgone uses stainless steel ball bearings and crushed labradorite, the lesson from this test is to more accurately calculate the volume of materials in order to achieve more even layers. Also don't leave the final pour of resin in the green house overnight as the activator evaporated and it wouldn't set, requiring a painted layer of activator.
Saturday, 22 October 2016
Here is a selection of silicone mould experiments, top left is from a hand cut wooden tetrahedron, bottom left is obviously a shell (I filled it in with polyfila to prevent the silicone going inside) and right is some small model parts. Finding the appropriate containers is important as the tetrahedron could have been done with a lot less silicone, the shell could have been placed on a raised platform to get a thicker set all around (top is very thin) and the small plastic parts were not properly sealed and leaked..........Learning curve!
Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Being poorly was the perfect opportunity to make more toy soldiers. Here are a load more kit bashed models, top right are zombie/plague ridden cultists, top right is a dark apostle carrying a book so foul it has boils and slime oozing from the pages and bottom is a possessed chaos marine. It might be a while before I paint these as I am about to commit to some large scale freelance projects.
A couple of work in progress shots of a Warhammer Daemon Prince I made last month. The model is kit bashed from various spare components with all the green bits being scuplted by hand using green stuff resin. I still have a lot to learn with sculpting but am happy with this guy and had a blast painting him........shots to follow soon!